Chief Data Officer Forum
Exploring the evolution of business transformation under the digital stewardship of the Chief Data Officer
The exciting role of the Chief Data Officer and the remit for executive digital stewardship is still an evolving process. Join the global Chief Data Officer forum: the strategic opportunity for Chief Data Officers to evaluate, debate, and gain insight from other digital leaders using insight to drive action and transform their organisation - exclusive to executives only.
While executive advocacy for analytics opportunities grows, the language barrier between C- Level and data science remains. Facing greater challenges as the usage of mobile, social and analytical tools is permeating the length and breadth of every function across the organisation.
Chief Data Officer’s must communicate the value of big data, small data and amassed sources of analytical insight to create significance for business strategy at every level of the organisation.
It is widely accepted that successful Chief Data Officer’s require a rare and elusive hybrid of skills: the technical capability and analytical know how, merged with strong business acumen and the ability to lead, are some of the most vital elements. Organisations are currently facing an acute shortage of digital skills. According to research conducted by MIT earlier this year, 77% of companies consider missing digital skills as the key hurdle to their digital transformation.
Despite the skills shortage, only 46% of companies are investing in developing digital skills. How are Chief Data Officers leveraging insight from their data to ensure that they are delivering longevity to their business digital transformation?
Key questions for Chief Data Officers to address May 2015 - tackling the crucial next steps for driving digital business transformations success:
- How are CDO’s changing their business through data insight led action?
- What is the impact for data driven transformation and how is this measured?
- Do organisations include digital skills as a key component in their workforce plans?
- Are HR departments equipped and skilled to bring innovative solutions to bridge the digital skills gap?
- How are Digiratis developing digital skills?
- How to ensure digital leaders stay at the forefront of digital and analytics skill?
- What will the decreasing life cycle for digital skill sets mean for transforming business models?
Our CDO keynotes say it best – can you see value in these action initiatives?
- CDO’s have to leverage data insight to action change” Chief Data Officer, Betsson Group, Nov 2014 Delegate
- Adopt start up attitudes in big data initiatives” Chief Data Officer, Neopost Technologies, Nov 2014 Delegate
Highlights from the Chief Data Officer Forum November 2014:
- Great approach of agile methods brought to the table, really good insights and examples of how to be successful with your Data Strategy and team management" Securitas
- Very good seminar. Excellent advice on how to approach a CDO role, what to do, what not to do." Global Head Fixed Income Operations, BNP Paribas